- Experience 0-5
- Salary Not Disclosed by Employer
- Responsible for receiving the samples check the labels on the test tubes whether the name of the patient, order number and the tests to be done are mentioned.
- Accesses the lab computer, acknowledges the samples and prints out the requisitions for IP samples.
- Notes down the time of receiving the samples in the lab.
- Centrifuges heparinized samples immediately. Waits for the samples collected without anticoagulant to clot before centrifuging.
- Labels the test tubes carefully after entering the patient details and tests requested in the master register.
- Transfers plasma/serum into the appropriately labeled test tubes.
- If special tests are asked for, enters the particulars of those tests in the respective registers and informs the technologist, in case of electrophoresis samples, informs the HOD or the Registrar.
- If a patient has both routine and special tests, he divides the sample into two and freezes the sample for the special tests.
- Prioritizes the samples in any, batch giving preference to In patient samples over out patient samples, top priority to samples coming from ICUs, emergency in IP and from MHCs in OP.
- Transfers the samples to auto analyzer cups after labeling them and notes down the results from the auto analyzer monitor once the test is completed.
- Enters the result, takes a printout and enters the results in appropriate registers.
- Checks the results for the following:
- Checks the auto analyzer monitor for any flagged alarms along with the results.
- If the result is found abnormal, or beyond the upper detection limit, repeat the test in dilutions. If the results are not consistent, asks for repeat sample & reanalyze the same.
- Informs the Head of the Department/ or the Registrar before releasing such reports.
- Processes all blood gas samples, electrolyte samples, cardiac markers and other urgent samples STAT round the clock.
- Informs the results immediately on phone to all ICU’s and Emergency Room.
- After Cross checking the typed reports, signs on them and gives them to the Head of the Department for signature and dispatches the reports.
- Throughout the process of sample handling, observes aseptic procedures by wearing gloves, apron etc.
- Authorized to sign all urgent outpatient and inpatient reports for the Head of the department, Registrar in the absence of the Technologist or Sr. Technician.
- Responsible to perform regular maintenance procedure for the auto analyzer and blood gas analyzer and other equipment in the lab.
- In the event of any errors/ breakdown of equipment, inform the HOD & biomedical department.
- Informs the Sr. Technician when any kit is getting over or inform purchase dept in the absence of the Sr. Technician.
- Informs HOD on phone during night shift in event of any problem.
- Responsible to note down relevant notes in the duty handover register.
Any other responsibility as deemed fit from time to time by the Management.
• Basic Computer Skill.
• Carries out all instructions effectively.